#Polyvore: Firaa Assagaf

by - 03.49

This is my very first post in 2018, after thousand years I never opened my blog, but here I am today, writing this, after so many pergulatan batin dan bingung mau ngepost apa di blog yang sudah sangat berdebu ini.
Anyway, I have this motivation to write more this year, whether in my book or on this blog. Semoga tidak wacana semata :)))

I'd plan to write every month about various styles from fashion or beauty influencers that I adore whole-heartedly, and I'll try to replicate their look with Polyvore. I've been playing Polyvore since I was in high-school and still get fascinated every single time I play.

So my very first post is dedicated to Firaa Assagaf, a photographer and fashion enthusiast based on Jakarta. She studied photography in LaSalle College. And I'm in love with her style and photoworks.
I started following her on 2015 on Instagram (@firrrr_) and I just read "Story of Mine" on her blog and I was so shocked, knowing that she was born on 1997, which is the same year with me. I can say her style is simple, clean, neat, but stunning. I bet she can rock any outfit tho. She prefers simple hijab that is comfortable to wear.

Let's check out!

1. Black is Never Wrong


As I scrolled down on her Instagram, one thing I directly noticed was she often wears black in her outfit. Whether it's the hijab, outer, top, pants, or shoes. And I read her blog and she said that her favourite colours are black and brown, and she also said that there's always black in her style everyday.  Her favourite hijab colour is black, for sure, because it really suits her skin tone and she feels like she's being herself when she wears black.



Anyway, I really love this outfit. Black top with black leggings and grey outer, paired with black shoes.

I pick this look because I think this is very simple but clean, and really comfortable to wear. The most eye-catching or the statement object from this look is the grey outer. The color matches well with black. You can wear this look to college, because it's simple and neat, in case you really have a busy day.

Now let's talk about the Polyvore set. First, the top. I picked the sleeveless top because it might get hotter if you wear the longsleeves. Second, the leggings. I couldn't find the similar pants as hers on Polyvore, so I used this leather leggings by Alexander McQueen, and I just checked the price and my jaw dropped (lol). And for the outer, I picked the Knit Cardigan by H&M, and this is not too expensive and easy to get (yeah except for me who's living in Samarinda and have to go to Balikpapan to shop at H&M which needs 2,5 hours to get there sigh). And lastly, for the shoes, I really love oxford shoes and it completes the look.

TIPS:

For the tops, you can wear the basic black tees, and I think this item is really versatile and you really need it in your wardrobe.
If you don't want to wear leggings because its too tight, you can use black skinny jeans as well.

2. Orange is the New Black!



In this outfit, she mixed orange oversized sweater with black striped trousers. She said she wanted to combine extreme colour to her daily look, which there's always black in her style. She tried to mix orange with black and it turned out perfect! The orange colour looks good on her (again and again I think she can rock any colour tho).

Of course the statement object from this look is the orange sweater. I think we need to step out of our comfort zone sometimes, not only about life, but also in fashion. If you often wear pastel colour, try to be bold sometimes. Wear black or red blood. Or when you always have that clean and minimalist look everyday, try to play with pattern and more colourful. But the most important thing is you should still feel comfortable with your look and be yourself. If you know that chilli red is not suitable for you or it's just not your colour, then find another shade of red. You can use Pantone to help you!

 On my Polyvore set, I picked a top from Topshop and it's not expensive (around 200k) and for the shoes, I couldn't find the similar one like her look so I chose Peep Toe Mule Sandal. You can also add a cross-body bag to complete your look.

TIPS:

If you don't have the striped trousers, you can wear the basic grey trousers.

3. One Fine Day



I love and pick this look because its simplicity and the colour combination. Ivory white, black, nude combined somehow make me feel calm and relax.

This one is very casual, and I imagine myself wearing this outfit to stroll around the town with my bestfriends, maybe do the shopping or just hang out.

I love how the shoes makes the look become sporty. Adidas indeed, looks stunning with the skinny jeans and also allow our toes to move comfortably. Like people said, good shoes will take you anywhere.

Two items that I like in this outfit are the shoes and sling bag. And I can't stop mentioning how much I love the colour combination.

4. The Power of Patterned Bomber Jacket




This is one of my favorite look from Firaa.

I'm in love with the patterned bomber jacket! I love the pattern, the colour, and the heels, the pants; everything in this look is just so chic!

Bomber jacket; both comfy and fashionable, combined with white pants with vertical black stripe accent, and the white heels (I love this heel much) and of course you can't miss the Flap bag to light up the look.

I think the point of this look is the patterned bomber jacket and the white heels. They look so gorgeous in my eyes.

5.Casual Friday

I don't know why but I really want to wear this on Friday. Maybe because Friday is near the weekend so I need something casual.

This one is simple too, grey sweater with french-vanilla colour pants. Add a pair of white sneakers and voila, a look that both comfortable and yet fashionable.

TIPS:

I haven't had any white sneakers, and I think we do need it. Beside of how casual our look will be, the white sneakers will always work with almost every colour and bottom. You really can't go wrong with a timeless white sneakers.


6.Vitamin-Sea




This look is my favorite. I love it so so so much. Light powder blue combined with white and also brown: p e r f e c t.

Beside black, Firaa said on her blog that she also loves white and she has so many white pants on her closet.

"I've been obsessed with white outfit for the beach because who doesn't? I love how the white blends perfectly with the sandy beach and calm water. It gives such a clean and classic beach vibe to chill and still looking damn good." Firaa Assagaf on her blog (firrrr.com)

Beside the breathtaking view of the nature that perfectly captured by her and also the pretty Firaa (why is she so beautiful) the combination of the colour of this look is really gorgeous. I can't decide which one is the statement object (because I think every item in this look is awesome) but then maybe the most eye-catching item is the sunglasses.
She wears the sunnies by Zara, and she obsessed with how classic and chic it looks. And the white pants is also by Zara. And lastly, for the top is a bell-longsleeve, which is a hot item right now (I bet every girls have that item on their closet). As Firaa wears this for a good time at the beach, I think maybe you can wear this look to a formal occassion.

On my Polyvore set, I picked Vince Button Down Silk Blouse, and you can add more accesories, like a beach hat.

TIPS:

I think every girls should have at least one white pants in their closet. Because white pants is versatile, although it's easier to get dirty but it makes your look seems formal and elegant, but I suggest you to buy or own not a tight one, especially for a girl like me who is short and have a big thigh, because the loose one will cover your thigh.

7. Jakarta Fashion Week



The last look, this one is for Jakarta Fashion Week 2017. Firaa only used two colours in this look; white and brown. For this fashion week, she decided to keep it simple and classicㅡcasual and elegant look. She told on her blog that she didn't even bring a bag, she just brought the important items such as camera and lipstick on her pocket.

I think this look is really comfortable to wear, yet still stylish. I love how the outers and the plaid pants mix well, also the sneakers surprisingly combined well too.

For this look, she wears an oversized brown outer with white shirt by Uniqlo and again, pants by Zara. While the shoes is a classic white converse shoes.

TIPS:

The staple item in this look is a white shirt. Every girlsㅡno, every peeps need a white shirt in their closet. Because its versatile and you can pair it with almost everything because of the neutral colour. Beside that, an outer is a must in our closet too. Because it's really simple and you can mix it with your tees or shirt, and you can go casual or a little bit formal, depends on your bottom and shoes.

So, that's my Polyvore set inspired by an amazing-talented-pretty girl, Firaa Assagaf that I adore so much because of her style and her photoworks. I hope whoever read this can get inspired for their outfit.

And here's a quote from Firaa Assagaf:




See you in my next post! (hopefully)

Love,


Nanad

Source:

Picture by Firaa Assagaf (instagram @firrrr_ and blog firrrr.com)
Find more set on my Polyvore: sunsethunter

You May Also Like

0 komentar

For More